Friday, April 24, 2009

First steps...

Galatians 1:10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.

The Lord put it on my heart today to prepare my resume, write a cover letter, and have a short interview with the senior pastor at APC. I was actually thinking about not going, but I am sort of glad that I did. Ultimately, a few issues of complication came up due to details about the church and I was blessed to have a good friend talk to me about the way to respond to possible reactions... It gave me so much freedom to remember that I am not hear to please what "men" might think as right, but what God thinks is right. Optimistically we hotpe tha these two would be one in the same, but quite often they are not. In this case I am not hear to please man, but God in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment